Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Camp Half Blood

An RPG for demigods in Camp Half-Blood.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

At ze lake!

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Green

Green

At ze lake! - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: At ze lake!   At ze lake! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 11:14 pm

I sighed and caused a gentle breeze to blow around me. I smiled and looked back at the girl. She seemed lonely. "Hm..."
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Chatbox Moderator
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: At ze lake!   At ze lake! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 11:18 pm

After a few seconds of looking into the lake, I decided to take my shoes off and change my sitting position, so that my feet dangled over the edge of the dock into the water. I had to roll up the hems of my pants so they wouldn't get wet. A gentle breeze started up, causing me to look around again, and I saw that the girl I'd glared at a minute ago was looking at me again. Was she smiling? I frowned and looked away.
Back to top Go down
Green

Green

PostSubject: Re: At ze lake!   At ze lake! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 11:23 pm

I decided to go and speak to her. I stood up and brush myself off and comb my hair with my finger tips. I then slipped on my skirt and grabbed my sandles. I hovered over to her and stopped so that I was only a short distance away from her. "Hello." I said softly.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Chatbox Moderator
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: At ze lake!   At ze lake! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 11:39 pm

I heard footsteps on the wooden dock, and turned to face the girl when she addressed me. I didn't say anything in return - partly because I didn't know what to say to her, and partly because I was suspicious that she was going to stab me or something. I'd overheard things that indicated that people around here were quite violent, and I wanted to stay on my guard. Being turned into a... a demigod-ka-bob would be an embarrassing death.
Back to top Go down
Green

Green

PostSubject: Re: At ze lake!   At ze lake! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 11:42 pm

I frowned some and sat beside her. I didn't want to scare her off or anything. "Hm..I'm Starlet Skai ." I said to her and crossed my legs and looked down at the water at myself. "Are you new here?" I asked smiling again.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Chatbox Moderator
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: At ze lake!   At ze lake! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 11:50 pm

"Fairly new, yes," I replied (six months-ish was still new, right?), but didn't offer my name in return. That was probably not the polite action to take, but I felt like being a bit curt. I hadn't exactly invited this random, potentially murderous stranger to sit so close to me. Too close. That was my personal space she was sitting in. I scooted a bit away, attempting to be subtle about it.
Back to top Go down
Green

Green

PostSubject: Re: At ze lake!   At ze lake! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 11:54 pm

I watched her move away."oh..I'm sorry if I'm bothering you." I said looking back down. " I was here last year." I messed with my bangles. " I'm Egyptian" I stated and glanced at her.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Chatbox Moderator
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: At ze lake!   At ze lake! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 12:01 am

"Egyptian?" I repeated, but phrased it as a question. Even after being here for a few months, I didn't know a ton about the camp. Perhaps it was because I mostly kept to myself. I knew for sure that there were a ton of Greek campers, and the odd Roman or two, and... Egyptians, for some reason. I didn't know enough Western mythology to understand the connection between the first two and the last, though.
Back to top Go down
Green

Green

PostSubject: Re: At ze lake!   At ze lake! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 12:06 am

"Yes, my mother is Nut, the Egyptian goddess of the sky." I explained looking back down. I watched the tiny fish swim in the shallows.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Chatbox Moderator
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: At ze lake!   At ze lake! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 12:10 am

Ah, how... punny. Skarlet Skai, daughter of the sky. I wondered if that was intentional. How could it be, though? People didn't get to pick their surnames. Perhaps Nut met a man with the last name of Skai and had a child simply for the amusement factor. I looked up, and saw that the clouds had been pushed around by the breeze, leaving gaps in some places for light to stream through.
Back to top Go down
Green

Green

PostSubject: Re: At ze lake!   At ze lake! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 12:20 am

I looked up and smiled. " hm...so this is the lake we have." I said motioning to it. "Hm.." I started to think about what to say.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Chatbox Moderator
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: At ze lake!   At ze lake! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 12:28 am

"Yes, it is indeed a lake," I remarked dryly, and poked my big toe at a tiny fish that swam too close. I wondered if the minnows would prove too quick and slippery to catch if I put my mind to snatching one from the water.
Back to top Go down
Green

Green

PostSubject: Re: At ze lake!   At ze lake! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 12:36 am

"Hm.." I started to think. "So how is camp so far?" I asked looking at the bank.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Chatbox Moderator
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: At ze lake!   At ze lake! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 12:48 am

"Nothing special," I shrugged. Honestly, I felt sort of... homesick. Not for Shanghai - I missed my room at the monastery. Unfurnished and bare as it was, I'd lived there for nearly all my life, and I still missed the familiarity after a year and a half away. But going back wasn't an option. I would probably be able to appreciate this camp more if I wasn't consumed by thoughts of home.
Back to top Go down
Green

Green

PostSubject: Re: At ze lake!   At ze lake! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 12:52 am

"Oh..." I said nodding slowly. "What have you done so far?" I asked crossing my legs.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Chatbox Moderator
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: At ze lake!   At ze lake! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 12:59 am

"Wandered around. Trained." There wasn't a ton of other options, besides sit around and talk to people or get murdered. Talking to people probably led to getting killed, anyways. Damn socializing. It was difficult, and strange, and conversations and people were so different in America. It really took some getting used to.
Back to top Go down
Green

Green

PostSubject: Re: At ze lake!   At ze lake! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 5:14 pm

"Oh..welll have you been to the commons any?" I asked uncrossing my legs and making a mini storm cloud.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Chatbox Moderator
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: At ze lake!   At ze lake! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 6:29 pm

"The... commons?" I asked. I knew of a lot of places, some of which I'd been to, but I wasn't sure what all of them were called. I knew the 'cabins' courtyard' and the 'Mess Hall' and obvious ones like the lake and beach, but I wasn't sure what Scarlet was referring to when she said 'the commons'. I noticed a very suspicious looking cloud forming at an alarming, unnatural rate. Was Scarlet causing the inclement weather? Her mother was goddess of the sky, so it seemed plausible.
Back to top Go down
Green

Green

PostSubject: Re: At ze lake!   At ze lake! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 6:32 pm

I started thinking. "Uh...yeah.." I tapped my chin. "Did I say that right?" I asked myself and shook the thought out of my head."Anyways. Where are you from?"
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Chatbox Moderator
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: At ze lake!   At ze lake! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 6:52 pm

Well, that was an abrupt change of subject. "Shanghai," I answered. That wasn't entirely the truth, and I felt slightly disgusted with myself for the partial lie, but there was no way I could tell her about the hidden monastery. It was hidden, after all. And I had lived in Shanghai for a year... so...
Back to top Go down
Green

Green

PostSubject: Re: At ze lake!   At ze lake! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 7:13 pm

"Oh that's nice." I smiled nodding. I start thinking. "So...what is the most exciting experience in your life?"
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Chatbox Moderator
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: At ze lake!   At ze lake! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 7:30 pm

I shrugged, even though the answer would probably be about the whole debacle that caused me to move to Shanghai, or perhaps moving to America after that. That plane ride had been very exciting. In case it wasn't apparent, that last thought was sarcastic.
Back to top Go down
Green

Green

PostSubject: Re: At ze lake!   At ze lake! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 7:33 pm

"Oh...well...hopefully you will have some fun here." I stated nodding slowly. "Hm..you want me to leave?"
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Chatbox Moderator
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: At ze lake!   At ze lake! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 7:38 pm

"No, you don't need to go anywhere. I was just about to leave anyways," I said, lifted my feet out of the water, and stood up. I didn't want to get the insides of my shoes all wet and ruined, so I picked them up rather than putting them onto my dripping feet. It occurred to me that Scarlet may have changed the subject because she didn't know where Shanghai was, but I dismissed the thought. It was one of the largest and most influential cities in the world, so she should at the very least know it was in China.
Back to top Go down
Green

Green

PostSubject: Re: At ze lake!   At ze lake! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 7:42 pm

I looked at her."its in China right?" I asked standing up, watching hern
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: At ze lake!   At ze lake! - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

At ze lake!
Page 9 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next