Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Camp Half Blood

An RPG for demigods in Camp Half-Blood.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Two inconspicuous kids who are so not causing trouble ((PRIVATE))

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
M79

M79

Location : Floating around the world on my sparkly mushroom cloud on an expedition others thought IMPOSSIBLE. Brb. Back in eighty days.

Two inconspicuous kids who are so not causing trouble ((PRIVATE)) Empty
PostSubject: Two inconspicuous kids who are so not causing trouble ((PRIVATE))   Two inconspicuous kids who are so not causing trouble ((PRIVATE)) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 11:34 am

If you love somebody

better tell them while they're here, 'cause they just might run away from you. Now take it in but don't look down, 'cause I'm on top of the world, want to take it with me if I can, been dreaming of this since a child

Aidan sat at the top of the hill. He felt like he needed to get away, though there was nothing to really get away from. Guess it was one of those days. Happened to everyone, right? He didn't get like this often. And it was odd. It was one of those feelings where you're happy, but not, but you can't place what's wrong. So Aidan decided he was just feeling overwhelmed and took a walk.

He also just liked watching the dragon sleep. And he wondered how its anatomy worked, how it managed to breathe fire without burning up. It was probably something he could find in any old mythology book, but, nah, he didn't feel like reading.
Back to top Go down
Skinny Love
Elite Moderator
Skinny Love

PostSubject: Re: Two inconspicuous kids who are so not causing trouble ((PRIVATE))   Two inconspicuous kids who are so not causing trouble ((PRIVATE)) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 9:16 pm

Taleis Heap

Taleis walked up the hill, his eyes trained on the ground. His iPod earbuds were stuck in his ears, and he had started out listening to Blink 182, but then it went to some song Aidan had put on there. 'I really shouldn't have let Aidan use my iTunes account, should I?' Taleis thinks, and he's not quite in the mood to laugh right now so he lets out a little huff of air.

It's not that he's sad. No, Taleis isn't sad today, and it feels like it's been a while. He's just calm right now, relaxed, in his element. Whatever you want to call it. And however it could be described, he enjoyed the feeling.

When Taleis finally looked up, he saw a person. Well, Aidan, to be specific.And Taleis was about to run over to him, but then he paused for a second and something felt kind of...well, a bit off. It was one of those things that you could kind of sense when you knew someone for a long time.

After pausing his iPod, Taleis started walking over to where Aidan was. The closer he gets, the faster his heart starts beating, so taleis tries to convince himself it's because of the dragon, even though he knows that's the biggest load of bullshit ever. Still, he keeps trying, because who wants to believe the reason their heart is speeding up is because of their best mate?

Exactly.

"Hey," Taleis says, offering a smile. He didn't like the way the air felt, didn't like it one bit, because it felt all heavy and that's not how things were supposed to feel around Aidan. Because he was Aidan, and Aidan deserved to be light and happy and smiling and - 'Stop it, brain. He's your friend. You don't think of him like that.'

Back to top Go down
M79

M79

Location : Floating around the world on my sparkly mushroom cloud on an expedition others thought IMPOSSIBLE. Brb. Back in eighty days.

PostSubject: Re: Two inconspicuous kids who are so not causing trouble ((PRIVATE))   Two inconspicuous kids who are so not causing trouble ((PRIVATE)) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 11:21 am

If you love somebody

better tell them while they're here, 'cause they just might run away from you. Now take it in but don't look down, 'cause I'm on top of the world, want to take it with me if I can, been dreaming of this since a child

Aidan looked at his friend and smiled. "Hey," he said, lifting a hand in a wave. "What's up?" he asked, glancing at the iPod screen. Taking a deep breath, he looked back at the dragon. He could almost feel the awkward. On a regular occasion, he would have asked what was wrong with his friend, hoping for a new answer, but today, he knew he was just going to get 'tired,' 'bored,' 'nothing really,' and he didn't really want to pick those apart today. It seemed like there was always something on Taleis' mind, and Aidan just wasn't smart enough to figure it out. But, you know, whatever.

Aidan did wish his friend would be happy, like he was before. He figured Kassidy just broke Taleis or something, and, well, he couldn't expect Taleis to recover so quickly. But he wished he could have his friend back, the one who would convince him to pull the fire alarm and run, the one he would steal things from and get punched in the arm (seems odd, but Aidan loved those times), and, just, Taleis.
Back to top Go down
Skinny Love
Elite Moderator
Skinny Love

PostSubject: Re: Two inconspicuous kids who are so not causing trouble ((PRIVATE))   Two inconspicuous kids who are so not causing trouble ((PRIVATE)) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 6:50 pm

Taleis Heap

"Well, I have decided to never let you use my iTunes account again," Taleis says with a slight chuckle, sticking his thumbs into his pockets because really, Taleis has no idea what to do with his hands. "But other than that, nothing's been happening. How about you?"

A cool wind blows, and Taleis grabs the edges of his coat, pulling them tighter around him. He had always known the weather to get cold early on in the fall, except for the first five years of his life. Still, he couldn't remember those days very well, and wasn't exactly sure if he wanted to. But he was stuck as a person who got cold easily, used to the warm winters of Los Angeles for some reason, despite spending the majority of his life living in London and the past two years in New York City.

Taleis looks up at the sky outside of camp, which is overcast and looks as if it's about to open up and start pouring. The sky in camp is clear and sunny, as always, and Taleis almost misses the cloudy, rainy weather of London before reminding himself how miserable actually it was, and stops missing it.

He thinks that the thing about London he misses the most is being able to do whatever he wanted, not having to live between this confined set of rules. If he didn't go to the mess hall on time, he wouldn't be able to eat. If he didn't have his cabin clean, he'd have to shower last and have cleaning duty. If he left camp without permission, well, who knows what the harpies would do to him? Plus there was Mr. D to deal with. In London, there was only the principle of his school and his grandparents. And sure, they were kind of frightening, but compared to what his life had turned into? They were nothing.

Back to top Go down
M79

M79

PostSubject: Re: Two inconspicuous kids who are so not causing trouble ((PRIVATE))   Two inconspicuous kids who are so not causing trouble ((PRIVATE)) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 9:28 pm

If you love me let me go
back to my boring Tokyo,
where the demons from my past
leave me in peace.

"Those songs are good, Tal, come on," Aidan grinned. "I'm good, I guess. I feel weird today," Aidan shrugged. He didn't bother to hide what he was feeling, because he couldn't even figure them out himself. If Taleis could see what was wrong, great, because Aidan sure couldn't. Maybe his stomach took breakfast badly.
Aidan smiled fondly at the grey overcast. As much as he loved the sun, he loved the damp air that wind brought. In London, he had cherished every moment of sun that there was, but when it's always the same temperature, with the same clear sky, something different was great to Aidan. He missed London, and that was basically it. New York isn't much different, he thought, it's still cold and polluted. Aidan even missed the pollution. He liked camp, yeah, but he wanted to go home.
That's it. Aidan was just homesick today. Nothing wrong here.
Noting Taleis' reaction to the wind, Aidan put on his best 'mother' face and hugged Taleis. "Aww, you're cold!" he laughed.
Back to top Go down
Skinny Love
Elite Moderator
Skinny Love

PostSubject: Re: Two inconspicuous kids who are so not causing trouble ((PRIVATE))   Two inconspicuous kids who are so not causing trouble ((PRIVATE)) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 6:55 pm

Taleis Heap

Taleis' cheeks flush red, and he feels his heart thudding just a little bit faster, but he ignores that. Instead, he laughs and says, "Oh my gods, Mum, shut up. You're embarrassing me!" Taleis tries his best to sound like an annoyed teenage girl, even though he knows he probably failed.

A part of Taleis wanted to just relax into the hug, but he knew he couldn't. That would be weird, because he's only ever allowed himself to do that when he's actually sad, and that's the thing. Taleis isn't sad right now, and he doesn't want Aidan to think he's sad, because he's not. Taleis isn't sad, and if Aidan thinks he's sad he'll worry, which isn't a good thing. Well, it kind of is, because it means he cares, but that's not the point. The point is that he's worrying, and Taleis just doesn't like it when Aidan is anything but happy because, well, he's Aidan.

Taleis is starting to think that his brain isn't really making any sense, because of course Aidan is Aidan, and really, who likes it when other people are sad? And then he realizes that he's just kind of going in circles, so he tries to think of something else to think about, something that isn't Aidan's arms wrapped around him or the warmth of Aidan's body or something that just isn't Aidan, but it's kind of concerning how difficult that is proving to be.

'Seriously, Taleis, it's just Aidan. Calm down. He's your best mate, not your fucking crush.' He happily ignored the voice in the back of his head saying that yes, Aidan was his crush and possibly the love of his life, which is really fucking stupid. Because really, people only fall in love with their best friends in books. Taleis can't remember any of the many stories he's heard of real life people falling in love with their best friend. The only times he's ever heard of it is in books, like Harry Potter or Take a Bow, and Take a Bow was a stupid book, anyways. He had read it in middle school and the only character he really liked was Ethan, but then there was the fact that he acted like a sore loser when Emme got a boyfriend.

Taleis had kind of lost faith in the whole best friends falling in love thing, anyways. For Taleis, it had been a kind of always thing. Something that had been there from the start. And part of Taleis thinks that he should just admit that yeah, he loves Aidan, probably had since they were ten, but another part of him thinks that no, he doesn't love Aidan. Not like that. Things had been like that for a while, really. Which was really annoying, and not your regular, run of the mill type of annoying. This was annoying as in you half want to pitch yourself off of the side of a building, and the other half just thinks you should just check yourself into an asylum already.

Back to top Go down
M79

M79

PostSubject: Re: Two inconspicuous kids who are so not causing trouble ((PRIVATE))   Two inconspicuous kids who are so not causing trouble ((PRIVATE)) Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 8:45 pm

If you love me let me go
back to my boring Tokyo,
leave me in peace.

Aidan laughed, shaking Taleis with his arms, nuzzling his face into where his shoulder met his neck. Taleis smelled good. Like straw-- Wait no. Nope nope nope. Aidan pulled away, still smiling. But no, that's weird. He's not supposed to think about what Taleis smells like. Weird. It's weird.

Aidan reached into Taleis' pocket and pulled out the iPod and started looking through it, sticking his tongue out at Taleis.
Back to top Go down
Skinny Love
Elite Moderator
Skinny Love

PostSubject: Re: Two inconspicuous kids who are so not causing trouble ((PRIVATE))   Two inconspicuous kids who are so not causing trouble ((PRIVATE)) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 9:08 pm

Taleis Heap

Taleis can't help but giggle a little when Aidan buries his head into the crook where his neck meets his shoulder. His neck is really ticklish, Aidan knows that. Still, it feels kind of nice, Aidan's breath hitting his neck like that.

But then Aidan is moving his head, and Taleis has to struggle not to make a noise of disappointment because it just felt so nice. Taleis is half ready to curl his hand around the back of Aidan's neck and pull him back because he's cold, dammit, he's cold and he thinks maybe he's in love but is still too afraid to fully admit it, and Aidan is really good looking (which isn't fair) and Taleis is lonely. So maybe it's nothing like what he used to do back in London, but he'll take what he can get, especially when it's Aidan.

Taleis doesn't think it's fair that he and Aidan are so touchy, it's not fair at all. Because Taleis is still lonely and broken from Kassidy, and then there's Aidan, shining like the sun after a cloudy day, and Taleis just. He just wants. He wants and he needs and he aches, and being able to fool around really doesn't help with that, because he's so used to touching and messing around and he's half expecting that Taleis will think Aidan's doing something because he maybe feels the same, but then it turns out he doesn't.

But then Taleis forces himself back into reality, because he can't push Aidan's head back into the crook of his neck, he just can't. Warmth be damned, he can't do it. That's just not right. So he makes do with what he has, like he's always doing now. Taleis knows he'll never get what he wants, because what he wants isn't as simple as snogging a girl from class or maybe even getting into her pants. He can't charm his way into Aidan's bed, because he's Aidan. They've known eachother since they were ten, and you just. You just don't do that.

And even though he's snapped back into reality, it takes Taleis' mind a bit of mind to catch up with what's going on. Once he does, he realizes that Aidan stole his iPod from out of his pocket. He gives a probably belated response of, "Hey, give that back!" and he reaches out for it. He's pretty sure that Aidan will move his arm out of the way last second, but still, it's Taleis' iPod and he's not going to let that go easily.

('Even though it ends up playing a song Aidan put on there and it keeps you up all night. Even though half of the time it makes you want to scream because most of the songs aren't even yours anymore and you've started deleting some of them to make room for Aidan's music,' a voice in the back of Taleis' head says. 'Shut up,' Taleis tells the voice.)

Back to top Go down
M79

M79

PostSubject: Re: Two inconspicuous kids who are so not causing trouble ((PRIVATE))   Two inconspicuous kids who are so not causing trouble ((PRIVATE)) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 10:52 pm

If you love me let me go
back to my boring Tokyo,
leave me in peace.

"Nooooooooope!" Aidan giggled, stretching out away from Taleis. He had to give it back eventually, he knew, but he kind of fell in love with Taleis' iPod, probably because half the songs on them were Aidan's, but Aidan loved the selection of Blink 182 songs, though he could never let Taleis know, because he'd probably laugh at him and tell him that he was right, he knew Aidan liked them, and he'd just never hear the end of it, and maybe that wasn't such a bad thing. "It's mine!" Aidan said again, grinning, and he stuck one of the ear buds in his ear, and clicked play on the band called Naked and Famous. All of This began playing, and Aidan was pretty sure Taleis hadn't listened to it once, although Aidan put the band on there for Taleis to listen to, but it was no big deal, really. And he really only bought it on Taleis' iTunes because his mom wouldn't buy him any more iTunes cards, and Aidan was too broke to buy his own. Sigh. The problems of an Aidan.
Back to top Go down
Skinny Love
Elite Moderator
Skinny Love

PostSubject: Re: Two inconspicuous kids who are so not causing trouble ((PRIVATE))   Two inconspicuous kids who are so not causing trouble ((PRIVATE)) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 7:22 pm

Taleis Heap

Taleis rolls his eyes at his ridiculous best friend. Putting up with him was difficult. Still, it wasn't as if Taleis was about to let Aidan go because he's ridiculous. He loves Aidan's ridiculousness. He just loves Aidan, really, and all Taleis wants is to hold onto him while he's here.

It's becoming increasingly difficult for Taleis to not hug Aidan again and to burrow himself into the crook of his neck, though, so Taleis says the first thing that comes to mind. "So, do you want to like, do something? Because this is boring, no offense if standing around trees is something you find fun."

Taleis smiles and he can only hope that it's convincing, because there's just something about Aidan that makes his heart thump wildly and his hands sweat and that makes him kind of want to tear his hair out and maybe even cry a little bit because it's just weird, because this is just Aidan. This is just Aidan, Taleis' best friend since he was ten and the only person who actually listened to Taleis, and he wasn't some twelve year old schoolgirl with a crush, he is not.

Except he totally is, which is a total setback to Taleis' friendship with Aidan because he's a twelve year old schoolgirl with a crush, and Aidan's his crush or maybe even something more which is kind of scary for Taleis to think about, because he's made a point of not getting attached to anyone because they always leave in the end, nobody ever stays. Even if it's involuntary, they leave and Taleis is alone and he can't get attached because he knows how much it hurts. But he's gotten attached to Aidan and it's kind of scary because Taleis knows Aidan will be gone some day. And he's totally over thinking this, totally killing his previous good mood and it's kind of pathetic, that's what it is, that Taleis can't even keep his thoughts in check around Aidan anymore.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Two inconspicuous kids who are so not causing trouble ((PRIVATE))   Two inconspicuous kids who are so not causing trouble ((PRIVATE)) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Two inconspicuous kids who are so not causing trouble ((PRIVATE))
Page 1 of 1