Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Camp Half Blood

An RPG for demigods in Camp Half-Blood.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Beatrice Langley

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Demi
Chatbox Moderator
Demi

Beatrice Langley Empty
PostSubject: Beatrice Langley   Beatrice Langley Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 2:00 am

Full Name: Beatrice Garnet Langley

Beatrice Langley Mask10
Description (hair and eye color, height, body type (skinny, muscular, etc) required): Her hair is generally a messy brown so dark it seems black. Her eyes are the same - a flat color that resembles soulless, never ending tunnels. Her skin is a fair pale that while it doesn't tan, it seldom burns. Her facial features are unknown to all but a few - she always wears a plain white mask that covers her features, no matter the weather - it is the mask in the picture above. Her height is 5'5 and her weight is 90lbs, bordering on unhealthy. Her body shape is thin, wholly undeveloped and a thin that teeters on the edge of malnutritioned.

Personality: The first and foremost factor of Beatrice's personality is that she is in fact a Sociopath. A high functioning one she may be, it is obvious that she is unlike the norm of society. She has an obsession with perfection - it's almost like an extreme form of OCD, leaving her prone to make sure everything is how it should be.

When she actually attempts to be so, she is very manipulative and cunning. Her acting skills are perfect - she finds it easy to walk over people and sees them as little more then props. She cares not for the needs of others ad is inherently selfish and possesive. She has no problem lying, hurting the feelings of others, or causing physical pain. She finds herself unable to experience the most normal emotions as does the usual person - sadness, happiness, irritation, and hope are all unknown to her. Cold fascination and blatant anger are the only ones she tends to feel. She is incapable of loving or even caring about another person.

Beatrice has an obsession with doing the things she wants. Her plans tend to be unrealistic, but she doesn't have a problem punishing others when they attempt to stop her from completing them. She has no sympathy for the pain of others and is rather dulled to all forms of pain herself.

God and mortal parent: Her mother is Selena Langley, her father is Geb - the Egyptain god of earth.
Powers**: She has various powers. As her father's sacred animals were geese and snakes, both animals will answer to her call if they are in vicinty. She can understand them and will use them for her own means though she holds no love for any of them.

In addition, she can control the earth - make stone's move, cause the surrounding area to shake, carve caves out of cliffs, or dig burrows into the ground. She cannot make trees grow or vegetation - it has to be things that have come from the earth itself. Most of these things take a lot of energy out of her, but they become easier if she is in direct contact with the earth itself. This means no socks or shoes, and it can't be sometihng like concrete. It must be dirt, grass, or stone.

When in direct contact with the earth she will slowly heal - paper cuts, small burns and bruises will fade almost instantly. If she's on the brink of death it will heal her enough to allow her to make it to the hospital or get ambrosia. While in direct contact witht he earth she also gets a "power boost." She has more energy, as if she had taken a shot of Red Bull.

The limits to her powers are varied, depending on which task she attempts to do and how much effort it takes. She does have limits though and her powers do tire her.

Flaws: She has many - she is apathetic, a sociopath, cruel, arrogant, self-centered, an impuslvie liar, and various other things.
Pets: She has no need nor want for a companion.
Weapon: She has no weapon, instead relying on her powers. She is too physically weak to actually cause damage with one.
Talents/Skills: She has a silver tongue and is able to get out of almost any situation by simple talking about it. Her physical build is weak but when she gets worked up into a rage she is unable to feel physical pain and over extends her physical bounderies. She has a cool, logical if not mildly unrealistic mind she uses to plan.

RP Example*: The window pane was cool against my skin. It was not as if the setting outside the bleak clouded glass was interesting. It was dull, boring, wrong. It didn't matter though. It was unimportant. I brought my alabaster limbs from the window to the smooth porcelein of the mask, a dull feeling of excitement buzzing through me like a drug overdose. No one could see me. I was in charge. I was powerful. I smiled, an expression that turned my face feral and wild - not that they could see. They were unimportant. I was powerful. Yes, I was in charge.

Biography*: Beatrice was born in what was seemingly a normal household. Her mother was single and worked as a resturant manager, making enough money to sustain the two of them and live in a moderate sized apartment in downtown New York. Her mother was a frantic and easy going woman, by no means one to coddle. Do to this, and her long working hours, years went by before she realized what her child had become.

Beatrice was a normal baby, but as she aged into a small child things became obvious. She rarely smiled. She preferred to read alone then play with the other kids. If she wasn't in charge with games she'd hurt the other children before easily pretending she hadn't done a thing. To the children at her first school she was worse then a bully - she was terrifying and horrible. After an accident occured at her elementary school which left a small boy paralyzed, Beatrice was removed from the school due to waht her mother assumed to be "false accusations."

But the accidents didn't stop. By the time she had reached third grade she was once more the one in charge at her school. The older years were frightened of her, of the girl who could make the ground shake when she was mad and who's eyes flashed so horribly when you defied her. The teacher's weren't oblivious and eventually requested Selena take Beatrice for a physciatric evaluation to which she exasperatedly did.

The results were astounding. Beatrice was unstable - that much the doctors could tell. She was violent and was a harm to both herself and others. They wasted barely a second before locking her up in the psychiatric ward in the children's hospital.

She spent most of the days by the window in the building, evolving into a being more dangerous then before. The god part of her blood caused the medicines to fail, and she developed an obsession with perfection and the overpowering need to be powerful. She was ten years old when she discovered one of the decorations in the nurse's lounge in the hospital. It was a porcelin vace. No one could prove it was her, but Beatrice shattered it and using the powers she knew she had and didn't heistate to use, she trasnformed the rock into the blank mask she now goes nowhere without.

Beatrice was 13 when she managed to escape the hospital when one of the newer inpatients, a boy with schitzoprhinia, attempted to steal her mask. The normally apathetic girl was drawn into a rage as the boy so callously disobeyed her number one rule - never touch what is hers. The ground began to shake the the hospital crumbled. More then 200 people died in the collapse - Beatrice was miraculously okay.

She escaped before they realized. Despite being made even more unstable since her admittance to the physc ward, she was perfectly capable of blending in in society. She talked her way into outfits, into money, and when asked about her mask she simply stated that after her parents died in a fire she was horribly scarred and wore the mask to cover the marks. The sob story made people stop questioning.

A wondeirng Satyr happened upon her once as she walked down a New York street in the dead of the night, convincing her to go to a Camp. Having grown bored of the dull New York life, she agreed, asking for directions. The Satyr told them to her but insisted on accompanying her. The creature didn't make it to camp alive.

Notes: She is weakest in land or in the sea and prefers to avoid those areas at all costs. Her pain tolerance is high and she rarely reacts to taunts or insults. OHOHOH and I was told I could have a Geb parent charrie.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Hammah

Hammah

Beatrice Langley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beatrice Langley   Beatrice Langley Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 2:39 pm

Approveded!!
Back to top Go down

Beatrice Langley
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: General :: Character Templates :: Approved Characters-
Jump to: