Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Camp Half Blood

An RPG for demigods in Camp Half-Blood.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Some Cliff-y Talk (delightfully open)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
David Bowie

David Bowie

Some Cliff-y Talk (delightfully open)  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Cliff-y Talk (delightfully open)    Some Cliff-y Talk (delightfully open)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 5:36 pm

Roxanna kept smiling. "No...no, it's ok! He died for a great reason. Don't be sad that it's over...be happy that it even happened." Roxanna playfully punched his arm. "Well...wanna do something? Go somewhere?"
Back to top Go down
Zdude140

PostSubject: Re: Some Cliff-y Talk (delightfully open)    Some Cliff-y Talk (delightfully open)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 5:48 pm

Well, that was good, at least he didn't need to address that issue on a deeper level. Not that it was good that he died -- ah, well, you get the point. Zack's smile returned, now a humble smile of his that was accustomed to his face.

"What do you have in mind, m'lady?" Zack asked in a still serious tone, though it was one that sounded interested all the same. Zack never liked to make arrangements if he needed to, he liked to make the other person more happy then anything, and, as his very close friend Ventus would say, go with the flow.
Back to top Go down
David Bowie

David Bowie

PostSubject: Re: Some Cliff-y Talk (delightfully open)    Some Cliff-y Talk (delightfully open)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 5:54 pm

"Well...how about we just sit here and watch the waves, yeah?" Roxanna plopped down. "This is almost - emphasis on 'almost' - like Scotland..."
Back to top Go down
Zdude140

PostSubject: Re: Some Cliff-y Talk (delightfully open)    Some Cliff-y Talk (delightfully open)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 6:01 pm

"All right," Zack shrugged and sat down next to her, watching the waves. He didn't have anything to compare the waves and the cliff with, he hadn't ventured out of camp for a long time, knowing he'd just make everyone around him in danger. Zack chuckled a small bit.

"As much as I love the view, I wouldn't even think of swimming in it; I'm deathly terrified of the water. Well, any body of water too deep where I can't see my own feet. Perhaps it comes with being a son of Zeus." He nodded slowly.
Back to top Go down
David Bowie

David Bowie

PostSubject: Re: Some Cliff-y Talk (delightfully open)    Some Cliff-y Talk (delightfully open)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 6:03 pm

"Oh...that's interesting. I never really like the water either...Well, uh, tell me about your hometown, yeah?"
Back to top Go down
Zdude140

PostSubject: Re: Some Cliff-y Talk (delightfully open)    Some Cliff-y Talk (delightfully open)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 6:19 pm

"Hmm...my hometown," Zack thought, bringing his hand to his chin. "Well," Zack said after a moment. "I don't remember much of it. I lived in a small house with my mom in Elgin, Illinois, as I said. I remember liking playing the snow with my cousins -- my mom had lots of brothers and sisters. That was fun. When I was around ten, we just moved here to New York. As a kid, I left all of my friends, but that hardly matters. We lived in New York close to Camp, and for two years I went to school. A friend of mine there was Nick, who was, what I didn't know then, a satyr. One day a Scythian Dracanae appeared when I was walking home with Nick, and we ran here. It caught up, and I remembered I got a couple of deep gashes from it's spear. I eventually summoned a lightning bolt from the sky to kill it, as Nick had told me I was a son of Zeus in the run. Hardly survived that battle, but I lived, luckily; I got to meet you," Zack laughed lightly.

"And how about yourself? What's Scotland like?" He turned his face to hers and asked Raxanna.
Back to top Go down
David Bowie

David Bowie

PostSubject: Re: Some Cliff-y Talk (delightfully open)    Some Cliff-y Talk (delightfully open)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 7:43 pm

Roxanna listened attentively. "That's very...interesting!" She laughed. "Scotland...is...there aren't any words to describe Scotland. It's beautiful. There's green everywhere you look.... I lived in huge house...we had two houses. One in Bathgate and one in Wales...a bit farther away. My father worked in Cardiff. I got to watch him film episodes when I was younger." She laughed. "He was so lively...and I would always hang out with John. One of dad's friends. He played Captain Jack on the show...he was really sweet. Gay though...what a pity...he was hot."
Back to top Go down
Zdude140

PostSubject: Re: Some Cliff-y Talk (delightfully open)    Some Cliff-y Talk (delightfully open)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 9:25 pm

Zack had nodded his head to the things she said. It had made him want to visit Scotland now very much, to see what she described as beautiful. Yes, it was much more attractive than cities or something you would expect in New York. The wonderful rolling landscape... Zack was relaxed just thinking about it. Zack chuckled slightly at the end.

"Do you think every guy is hot? In that case, it looks like I have a lot of competition," Zack laughed. It wasn't that he cared so much that she did think a lot of males were attractive (though subconsciously he did), he just was taking notice. Besides, those were people filming episodes for television. They obviously hire good looking people.
Back to top Go down
David Bowie

David Bowie

PostSubject: Re: Some Cliff-y Talk (delightfully open)    Some Cliff-y Talk (delightfully open)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 9:35 pm

"Not every guy! Actually...I think you'd be on my list. Right under John." She winked. She looked down at her bare feet. "I lost my shoes..."
Back to top Go down
Zdude140

PostSubject: Re: Some Cliff-y Talk (delightfully open)    Some Cliff-y Talk (delightfully open)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 9:39 pm

"Ha, like that makes me feel any better," Zack joked, smiling. He also looked over at her feet, and then back at her, an eyebrow raised.

"I don't know how you lose your shoes when they're normally on your feet. Where did you leave them last?" He asked. Zack was humored by the fact that something on your feet could just come off, unless she was wearing sandals or something, but even then you could feel the sandals on your feet, shoes being even more of a feeling on your feet.
Back to top Go down
David Bowie

David Bowie

PostSubject: Re: Some Cliff-y Talk (delightfully open)    Some Cliff-y Talk (delightfully open)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 9:44 pm

"I...don't...know..." Roxanna thought hard. She had kicked them off at some point but..."I think they're in the water....I really don't care. I'd much rather be without shoes..." Her voice got lower and softer as her eyes got lost in the waves.
Back to top Go down
Zdude140

PostSubject: Re: Some Cliff-y Talk (delightfully open)    Some Cliff-y Talk (delightfully open)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 10:07 pm

Zack shrugged. He couldn't argue, barefeet were much more comfortable in some areas than in others, like when you were in your cabin, or on the beach, whatever. Shoes got in the way of feelings, but they help a lot when things are too uncomfortable for your feet. His blue eyes too ventured onto the ocean.

"So...um...do you like camp?" He asked on a different note, not seeing any reason to carry a shoe conversation.
Back to top Go down
David Bowie

David Bowie

PostSubject: Re: Some Cliff-y Talk (delightfully open)    Some Cliff-y Talk (delightfully open)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 10:09 pm

"Well...yes...I suppose...You?" Roxanna still stared out into the ocean. She tried her best not to blink. She didn't want to miss one moment of the beauty.
Back to top Go down
Zdude140

PostSubject: Re: Some Cliff-y Talk (delightfully open)    Some Cliff-y Talk (delightfully open)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 10:19 pm

"Yes and no. I love the place here, but I would like to get out of here some day and explore. Anywhere I go I'll be closely followed by adversaries in my wake, but I think I can handle that. I just would love to explore out of here some time." He told her. But for some reason or another his mind was on some open philosophy books scattered across his cabin floor. The works of Socrates, Aristotle, Archimedes, and many other works lied there. Today was his usual studying day, though Ventus had brought him out of his house, and Zack was happy he got out of studying for this.

"You want to hear something you normally don't every day? I like reading." He chuckled a small amount. "But, even more so, I like reading about philosophy. I find it an interesting subject." He told her, his eyes still on the crashing waves.
Back to top Go down
David Bowie

David Bowie

PostSubject: Re: Some Cliff-y Talk (delightfully open)    Some Cliff-y Talk (delightfully open)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 9:16 am

"Oh, I could read for hours and hours! I adore reading about astronomy...and then looking out into the stars and exploring the wonders of the universe....when I get out of this camp and go to college...that's what I want to study. For sure. Cosmology and astrophysics. You?"
Back to top Go down
Zdude140

PostSubject: Re: Some Cliff-y Talk (delightfully open)    Some Cliff-y Talk (delightfully open)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 5:46 pm

Zack was rather surprised at the fact that this woman liked to read. It was something no one heard spoken about a lot, and, add the fact that she loved astronomy made it even better. Zack loved astronomy. It made him feel much humbler about himself than normally. Once a person understood the perspective of how infinitely large the universe is, and how small the earth is, let alone humans, it made a person feel different. Some people found it frightening, though Zack was always calmed about the fact.

And when she talked about studying and going to college...Zack didn't have a definite answer. He was always held up by the fact that he was a son of one of the big three, something that made it impossible to blend into the population. Camp was the only place he knew of that he could be safe, and others safe from the trouble he usually brought. He didn't think hard about how to leave camp safely, because he always assumed that it would be impossible...though, he didn't plan to stay here for the rest of his life...it looked like he needed to take risks...

"I haven't exactly decided yet." Zack shrugged. "Though my favorite branch of science is physics. I would like to venture into the area of theoretical physics. That specific area has always came to me as interesting. Again, I'm not entirely sure, though." He told her.
Back to top Go down
David Bowie

David Bowie

PostSubject: Re: Some Cliff-y Talk (delightfully open)    Some Cliff-y Talk (delightfully open)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 7:47 pm

"Theoretical physics? Wow...that's great! Something to work towards...Ever studied string theory? Or it's alter ego M-theory? Interesting topics...definitely fun. " She looked at her feet again.
Back to top Go down
Zdude140

PostSubject: Re: Some Cliff-y Talk (delightfully open)    Some Cliff-y Talk (delightfully open)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 8:05 pm

"Yes, those theories are rather intriguing. What I think I want to study more into, though, is alternate dimensions and teleportation." Zack nodded gently. "Other than physics, I'm interested in psychology. The brain, to me, is the one of the most interesting things. I haven't studied it to a degree like I have philosophy and physics, but I'll look into it one day." He spoke, his face turning to Roxanna's, then back to the ocean.
Back to top Go down
David Bowie

David Bowie

PostSubject: Re: Some Cliff-y Talk (delightfully open)    Some Cliff-y Talk (delightfully open)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 8:11 pm

"Wow...are you my long lost twin or something?" She laughed. "I am so intrigued by the human brain. Other animals have delightful brains as well but...let's face it...the human brain is just wonderful." She shook her head slowly. "It's just great that I've met you. It's great to be around someone smart and not giggly girls all the time..."
Back to top Go down
Zdude140

PostSubject: Re: Some Cliff-y Talk (delightfully open)    Some Cliff-y Talk (delightfully open)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 8:25 pm

Zack raised an eyebrow. It was odd enough to find a girl that liked to read, liked physics and what not, but to have her like psychology along with all of that? As she said, it did feel like he was meeting a sibling he never knew he had -- much like Ventus. He chuckled at all of this information, it felt more than a coincidence that they met right now.

"I have to agree," He nodded some, smiling. "I've never met a person like you." He said, with a sincere look in his electric blue eyes, which were on her's.
Back to top Go down
David Bowie

David Bowie

PostSubject: Re: Some Cliff-y Talk (delightfully open)    Some Cliff-y Talk (delightfully open)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 8:29 pm

"Nor have I met someone like you..." She looked into his heart-melting blue eyes with her cat-like green eyes. "This is, honestly, the best conversation I've had in a year and a half."
Back to top Go down
Zdude140

PostSubject: Re: Some Cliff-y Talk (delightfully open)    Some Cliff-y Talk (delightfully open)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 9:13 pm

There was something about those eyes that made Zack drawn to them like a magnet. They were eyes of brilliant hope, eyes of vivacious life, eyes of wonderful nature. No matter how long he looked into those green eyes, he could continue longer.

And, for the first time in his life, he felt an emotion stir in the dark depths of his mind. It was something that made him feel accepted, and understood. But it was more than that...was this love? No, it couldn't be. This lacked the power necessary to be called love...but, without a doubt, it was the beginnings of it. He couldn't explain otherwise. His breath, as Zack could feel, quickened by a subtle amount, though he felt relaxed all the same.

"Perhaps we should spend more time together -- if you wish, that is. I too have found this to be an excellent conversation." He said. A slight smile graced his lips, continuing to look in her lovely green eyes.
Back to top Go down
David Bowie

David Bowie

PostSubject: Re: Some Cliff-y Talk (delightfully open)    Some Cliff-y Talk (delightfully open)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 9:23 pm

Roxanna looked back into his eyes. Such potential in his mind. Such power and knowledge. She felt a fluttering in her stomach. Butterflies? No...couldn't be...This never happened to her before.

She finally felt understood...and accepted for who she was...not what she looked like or her God parent. She got a chance to have meaningful and intelligent conversation without confusing someone.

It was the best feeling she ever had. Damn...the butterflies were back and they were stronger. Her heart beat faster at his voice.

"U-um...yeah, sure! That would be delightful! Definitely!" She touched his arm gently and gave a warm smile.
Back to top Go down
Zdude140

PostSubject: Re: Some Cliff-y Talk (delightfully open)    Some Cliff-y Talk (delightfully open)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 9:32 pm

Zack blushed a bright shade of red as she touched his arm, and her charming smile made his smile grow. There was a queer feeling in his chest somewhere, like an expanding gas that spun in circles.

"That's great," Zack said, his smile now wide. His cheeks were still filled with the red blush, and as much as he mentally attempted to control it, he couldn't.

So, now he had set up a date...right? What next, though?

"Er...at where do you want to meet? And what time?" He asked her, not too sure for himself.
Back to top Go down
David Bowie

David Bowie

PostSubject: Re: Some Cliff-y Talk (delightfully open)    Some Cliff-y Talk (delightfully open)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 8:42 am

Roxanna dropped her arm and thought. "Tonight? At 9? We could meet at the lake? Or the beach? You choose." She gathered some rocks in her hand. "I have to do some things before 9 though. Soany time before that wouldn't work."

Last edited by David Bowie on Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some Cliff-y Talk (delightfully open)    Some Cliff-y Talk (delightfully open)  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some Cliff-y Talk (delightfully open)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next