Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Camp Half Blood

An RPG for demigods in Camp Half-Blood.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hammer and Kathrianne

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Zdude140

Hammer and Kathrianne Empty
PostSubject: Hammer and Kathrianne   Hammer and Kathrianne Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 5:39 pm

The six foot man of pure muscle was currently smashing down the dummies like they were thin twigs. His two hundred pound hammer made the job very easy, in that all he needed to do is get momentum behind the swing, and everything else the hammer would do.

Soon after, the dummies, or rather, what used to be the dummies, were now across the floor. Straw was everywhere, the the sticks holding the dummies up were reduced to splinters, littered the ground. Hammer smiled to himself -- this looked like a job well done.
Back to top Go down
Bolin

PostSubject: Re: Hammer and Kathrianne   Hammer and Kathrianne Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 5:46 pm

Kathrianne strolled in, and just saw a mess. Great. Now she'd have to go and look for another part of the arenas, since this part was obviously ruined. She had already her ax ready, so she could start training. She was alright with the bow and arrow, but she needed more improvement with an ax. She knew how to chop wood. Anyways, she always thought fighting with an ax was cool, judging from the movies, plus it felt great when she just simply wrapped her hand around the soft leather of the battle ax. It was basically magnetized to her fingers. She knew how to fight the basics with it, since she used to take weapons training, but she could improve on her own...she guessed. What if there wasn't another part of the arenas where there wasn't dummies, she thought. Well, perhaps another day then, she thought disappointed. She could always go train with the bow and arrows.
Back to top Go down
Zdude140

PostSubject: Re: Hammer and Kathrianne   Hammer and Kathrianne Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 6:10 pm

Hammer, nodding at his work though it were a masterpiece of art, turned his head to see a girl, most likely around the age of 15. She had grey eyes, black hair, and a fair face. Hammer seen she looked like she was trying to find more training dummies, as she looked at the ones in this area that were now in smithereens.

Now, normally Hammer wouldn't have said anything, being a rather quiet fellow, who only fought -- but given the fact that he was bored, he found that it would be better training to actually fight against a person, rather than to swing at immobile dummies who did nothing to retaliate. His red eyes examined the girl for another moment before he opened his mouth.

"Do you want to train?" He simply asked, his deep bass voice somewhat booming. It would be a lot more fun to hone his skills in a real fight.
Back to top Go down
Bolin

PostSubject: Re: Hammer and Kathrianne   Hammer and Kathrianne Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 6:16 pm

Kat had her hair set up in a bun, which was quite tight. She mentally flinched at his size, and his voice. And his red eyes. Although, her eyes narrowed in concentration. She was smaller, which meant that she would be faster. Her heart thumped, her first real training session/fight! Her gray eyes studied him for a few seconds, before glancing at her battle axe, and then at his hammer. There was a high chance of her losing, which she hated, but, at least that'll give her a new experience.
"Yes," She said, her face always kept in a cool and calm matter.
Back to top Go down
Zdude140

PostSubject: Re: Hammer and Kathrianne   Hammer and Kathrianne Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 6:32 pm

Hmph, she's either very foolish or very brave, Hammer thought, a smile coming about on his lips. He knew that his hammer would be way too overpowered in this fight, and considered just using his fists, but thought he would be underestimating his opponent. He would use it for the time being. She did look rather frail to have a good fight against him anyway, but he made no comment.

"All right," Hammer replied with a nod, holding his hammer in an defensive position. He wanted her to make the first move so he could get an accurate estimation of her skill.
Back to top Go down
Bolin

PostSubject: Re: Hammer and Kathrianne   Hammer and Kathrianne Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 6:39 pm

Kat decided to go with trying to confuse him. Strength wouldn't do her good. She charged towards him, pretending to try and take a hit at him, before quickly darting a few feet away from Hammer. She wanted him, to go for her, not her trying to go and just basically lose by trying to fight him with force.
Back to top Go down
Zdude140

PostSubject: Re: Hammer and Kathrianne   Hammer and Kathrianne Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 6:50 pm

Hammer smirked almost evilly; this was certainly not the first time someone tried to use this tactic against him. He had been fighting for ages, and the last person who was unfortunate to think that they could use their speed against them got a stomach full of fist when he threw his hammer to the side and took the boy by surprise to knock the wind out of him. He couldn't care less that it was a girl. If she wanted to fight him, then she had an equal chance to lose as much as a boy.

He ran up to the girl, and, assuming that she thought he would be hitting her with the heavy part of his hammer, instead used the hilt for a strong yet swift jab at her side.
Back to top Go down
Bolin

PostSubject: Re: Hammer and Kathrianne   Hammer and Kathrianne Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 6:59 pm

Kat saw this coming, as his muscles rippled, she absorbed the hit. She let five shards appear in the air, and they were hurled towards Hammer. An idea quickly came to mind, as she also quickly froze the ground, so he'd slip, as he'll take a step forward or back. She felt a little sluggish from the hit, and using her powers, but if he'll slip, that'll be good...she guessed.
OOC: Can he slip?
Back to top Go down
Zdude140

PostSubject: Re: Hammer and Kathrianne   Hammer and Kathrianne Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 1:21 pm

Hammer had to smirk. The kid was turning out not to be one of those opponents that gave up when Hammer lunged at them; she actually fought back. However weakly, she fought back. When the ice shards came from the air, Hammer wanted to surprise his opponent. He had taken various wounds before, some actually leaving scars. Five shards was nothing compared to all of that.

He took a step forward, letting them sink into his chest, but something was wrong. This was certainly not the same ground he was walking on before. His feet slipped, leaving him to fall of the ground. It didn't help that he was carrying a two hundred pound hammer either, it just made the fall much more powerful. Quickly glancing, he noticed what was on the floor now.

Ice. This kid was much smarter than Hammer reckoned.

But he had a fight to deal with. With his body on the ground now, he sent a strong kick to the girl's legs.
Back to top Go down
Bolin

PostSubject: Re: Hammer and Kathrianne   Hammer and Kathrianne Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 1:26 pm

Kat got kicked, and winced, but she pointed her ax at him, sweating. The battle ax was heavy as it was, and especially sweaty hands was not a good combination, as she kept a tight grip. "If this was to the death, I'd throw my axe at you right now, into your chest," She said, grinning, maliciously, her gray eyes glittering. She thought she won, as she felt sweat drip down her forehead, from using her powers.
Back to top Go down
Zdude140

PostSubject: Re: Hammer and Kathrianne   Hammer and Kathrianne Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 1:54 pm

Hammer looked at the battleaxe. Did...did he just loose? This was impossible. Utterly impossible. No, if it had been a fight to the death, he would have already clobbered her, and his recent move would have broke her legs like twigs. Sure, it was the first time he fought someone who could make the ground ice, but that wouldn't have stopped him from actually killing her.

He stood up, with an angered face, making sure not to slip on the ice this time.

"What's your name?" He asked, her.
Back to top Go down
Bolin

PostSubject: Re: Hammer and Kathrianne   Hammer and Kathrianne Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 2:03 pm

"Kathrianne Vander. But you may call me Kat," She said with a slight accent, smirking, before covering it up with a emotionless face. "Daughter of Chione. And you are?" She asked the large boy, having to keep her chin slightly tilted up, just to see his upper part of his face. She turned her battle ax back into a hairclip, tucking in a loose strand with it. She glanced at the ice, which was slowly becoming a puddle. She stuck out her hand, to shake his hand. A snowflake appeared, which drifted onto her hair. Sometimes, she wasn't really able to control her powers, and she made a few snowflakes appear randomly. She strongly disliked not being in control.
Back to top Go down
Zdude140

PostSubject: Re: Hammer and Kathrianne   Hammer and Kathrianne Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 2:39 pm

"The name's Hammer," He said, shaking her hand lightly, for he didn't want to break her hand. "son of Kratos." A small smile played on his face, as he withdrew his hand and took out the small blades of ice that were in his chest, and tossed them aside. Through his shirt the blood was starting to spread, but Hammer left it like that, knowing it would heal on its own.

Hammer never said his real name -- well, only to those he considered friends, which was very hard for him to get. He was a very blunt person, and felt that emotions would make him weak in battle. Even anger clouded the mind, though it did give a person strength -- something Hammer valued highly.

"Are you new here?" He asked her, making his 200 pound hammer turn into a twig.
Back to top Go down
Bolin

PostSubject: Re: Hammer and Kathrianne   Hammer and Kathrianne Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 2:45 pm

Kat let go of his hand, eyeing the blood on his chest. She wasn't concerned, since he didn't seem too panicked about it. Her eyes were filled with laughter, finding it quite funny that such a heavy looking thing, turns to something so light, as she noticed his hammer was now a twig. She usually found things funny, that most people didn't understand, when she tried to explain, so she gave up over all, by just saying never mind when they asked, if they noticed one of her rare geniune smiles.
"Yes I am," She said. "I just got here a week ago," She added, her voice measured.
Back to top Go down
Zdude140

PostSubject: Re: Hammer and Kathrianne   Hammer and Kathrianne Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 3:45 pm

"Welcome, then." He told Kat, a smile on his face as he crossed his arms. "I've been here for a long time. Around 5 years, I believe." He said with a slight shrug.

"So, do you like it?" He asked, curious as to her opinions.
Back to top Go down
Bolin

PostSubject: Re: Hammer and Kathrianne   Hammer and Kathrianne Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 7:41 pm

"Well, this camp is quite interesting," She begun, thinking about what to say. "I haven't seen much of the camp, so I can't really formulate an opinion without having much of a reason on why I think that. I believe I'll like this camp, since there are so many activities to do here, from what I heard, and additionally, there's many different types of people that I'll meet, and perhaps I'll at least find a few friends, due to the massive population of half-bloods here," She said, thoughtfully, scratching the inside of her arm. Stupid mosquito bites.
Back to top Go down
Zdude140

PostSubject: Re: Hammer and Kathrianne   Hammer and Kathrianne Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 5:08 pm

"So I'm assuming you haven't met very many other campers?" He asked her. "Then allow me to say that's there's quite a lot of different people here, whether you're looking for a good friend to a greater enemy. I myself am a fighter, and I'd say one of the best fighters around -- you being one of the very few whose beaten me. In my defense, I've never fought an offspring of Chione before. It's usually a child of Ares or something similar." He shrugged. He, being Hammer, felt the need to prove himself correct on this matter. He took out his twig that started to turn into a hammer.

"They're usually afraid to see my muscles and everything, but I tend to see the fear in the eyes when I do this," He said, bringing the hammer over his head, and sending it with all of his force downward into the ground. In the place where the hammer head had connected to the stone ground, there was now a fairly large crater with rubble on the side. He turned his hammer back into a twig, smiling one of his 'proud of himself' smiles.
Back to top Go down
Bolin

PostSubject: Re: Hammer and Kathrianne   Hammer and Kathrianne Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 5:31 pm

Kat slowly blinked. "Wow," She said, clearly impressed by this. "What can you not break?" She asked, crossing her arms over her chest, looking at him with a newfound respect.
Back to top Go down
Zdude140

PostSubject: Re: Hammer and Kathrianne   Hammer and Kathrianne Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 9:19 pm

Hammer smirked at her expression. You know, this girl didn't seem half bad. Innovative in battle, she would make a great ally. His smirk now turning into a genuine smile, his red eyes on hers, he extended his right arm to her. Normally, he didn't tell anyone his real name. He didn't really like it, but it was more so the point that he only told his real name to people he trusted.

"Real name's Thaddeus Bruce Palmer. Call me Thad." He told her. "And, to answer your question -- I'm not entirely sure. I can bench press 400 pounds normally, but when I'm in a life or death one, I find that I can lift 500."
Back to top Go down
Bolin

PostSubject: Re: Hammer and Kathrianne   Hammer and Kathrianne Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 9:56 pm

"I certainly now don't want to be on your bad side," Kat replied, smiling right back. She wasn't the type to often smile, but this guy was certainly impressive. "Hamm-I mean Thad, do you know how to fight with an ax?" She asked, bluntly.
Back to top Go down
Zdude140

PostSubject: Re: Hammer and Kathrianne   Hammer and Kathrianne Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 11:14 pm

Thad thought for a moment. How to fight with an axe? Well, it wasn't his preferred weapon, obviously, his nickname being Hammer and all, but did he know how to fight with one? Why of course. He wasn't just a good fighter because the only thing he knew how to use was a hammer. Nodding his tan face, Thad smilied.

"Why, yes, I do, Kat. Its style is all too similar to a hammer, but instead with a sharp edge on either end. Do you wish for some help on how to use it? I can tutor you, if you wish." He offered her.
Back to top Go down
Bolin

PostSubject: Re: Hammer and Kathrianne   Hammer and Kathrianne Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 7:00 am

"I'd like that," Kat said, looking at his nose, since she hated keeping eye contact. It always made her uncomfortable, and awkward. "Thank you," She added, forgetting her manners nearly. She tugged on her knee-shorts, that she had purchased in the guy section of Walmart.
Back to top Go down
Zdude140

PostSubject: Re: Hammer and Kathrianne   Hammer and Kathrianne Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 4:53 pm

Hammer clapped his large hands together. Taking out his hammer, he held it off to the side for now. Though a hammer wasn't an axe, it followed nearly the same principles as one, which was fortunate in this discussion.

"Now, one of the primary advantages of an axe is its ability to put much more force into one sole area -- allowing you to go through armor and such. Rather great weapon in this aspect, but I has a couple of notable disadvantages, being that it doesn't have the greatest versatility, and it's a bit easy to predict. In any case, you wont be good with an axe if you don't know how to swing one." He said, now picking up his hammer and holding it out to show her how to wield one.

"You have to place your hands a good distance away from each other so it's comfortable," He demonstrated, "and when you swing, you have to remember to let the head of the ax deliver the blow --" He said, with a swing of his hammer, making a wooshing sound in the air, and then set his hammer next to him.

"Now you try," He told her, a smile on his face.
Back to top Go down
Bolin

PostSubject: Re: Hammer and Kathrianne   Hammer and Kathrianne Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 4:41 am

Kat thought for a moment, letting all of this absorb. She tried the first time. mimicking his position. It didn't really work, unless you count just a weak swing would really do anything. She bit her lip, concentrating. No one can master an axe, at the first moment. She swung the axe again, and it made a light whoosh sound, her hands a good distance from each other.
Back to top Go down
Zdude140

PostSubject: Re: Hammer and Kathrianne   Hammer and Kathrianne Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 5:40 pm

Hammer nodded his head approvingly, and clapped. "Great form, great form." He commented, smiling at Kat. "That was good." He said. Taking up his hammer, and putting it over his shoulder, he looked at Kat again with his blood red eyes.

"Another battle. No powers. Deal?" He asked, a smirk in his face.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hammer and Kathrianne   Hammer and Kathrianne Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hammer and Kathrianne
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Camp Half Blood :: Athletics :: The Arena-
Jump to: