Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Camp Half Blood

An RPG for demigods in Camp Half-Blood.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Spectacular Date (closed)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Zdude140

A Spectacular Date (closed) Empty
PostSubject: A Spectacular Date (closed)   A Spectacular Date (closed) Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 11:19 am

Zack walked on the sand of the lake. It seemed that he beat Roxanna here; no one was currently in the area other than him. He stupidly thought for a moment that she had ditched him, but he shook his head. No, he told himself, you're just being pessimistic again. He then thought that he should have brought Roxanna some flowers...would that have over done it? Girls like flowers, right? He then shook his head again. No, stop over thinking things.

Looking at the calm lake, he sat down on the soft sand, the waxing cresent moon reflecting on the water. Yes, it was certainly spectacular.
Back to top Go down
David Bowie

David Bowie

PostSubject: Re: A Spectacular Date (closed)   A Spectacular Date (closed) Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 11:24 am

Roxanna walked onto the soft sand. It was still slightly warm. Odd. She picked up a handful and examined it. Hm. Anyway...she saw Zack by the water and walked over to him.

"Hello! Beautiful moon, yeah?"

She was wearing her auburn hair in tight curls - like always. She had an orange halter top and a black skirt. Since it was cold by the lake she had worn orange leggings under the skirt.

Comfortable.
Back to top Go down
Zdude140

PostSubject: Re: A Spectacular Date (closed)   A Spectacular Date (closed) Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 11:39 am

Zack turned his head to look at her, quickly standing back up. He would never forget his manners, no matter how silly they looked. Smiling, he looked into her eyes for another time, and was yet again welcomed to bliss he felt back on the cliff.

"Not as good looking as yourself," He spoke, through a partly confident, partly in a trance, voice. He himself wasn't wearing anything too special, just a nice button-up collared shirt which was white, along with jeans.
Back to top Go down
David Bowie

David Bowie

PostSubject: Re: A Spectacular Date (closed)   A Spectacular Date (closed) Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 1:16 pm

"Oh be quiet!" She laughed. "This moon is definitely spectacular. Very bright tonight. Just your eyes." She smiled.
Back to top Go down
Zdude140

PostSubject: Re: A Spectacular Date (closed)   A Spectacular Date (closed) Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 2:08 pm

Zack blushed at the compliment. Though Ventus usually joked about how Zack looked more like a son of a Norse god rather than a Greek one, with his long, blond hair and his blue eyes, it felt much more different to receive it from a woman that Zack had an infatuation for.

Smiling, he bowed at the compliment. "Thank you, m'lady." He said gently. "And I do agree that it is a rather splendid night out." He said, his eyes wandering to the sacred looking moon, to the near motionless waters, then back into the brilliant green eyes of Roxanna.

To the misfortune of Zack, he didn't know what to do. This being rather foreign to him in almost every aspect, he didn't know whether to sit down, wait for her to sit down, walk around the lake with her, bring a specific subject up, whether if he was doing all right, or if even he was nailing this spot on. He decided that it was best to follow Roxanna's lead, as weird as that felt to Zack. Normally he was the leader.
Back to top Go down
David Bowie

David Bowie

PostSubject: Re: A Spectacular Date (closed)   A Spectacular Date (closed) Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 4:00 pm

"Well! What'd you do today? I made some brilliant constellations with rocks...Andromeda, Antlia, Apus, Aquarius, Aquila, Ara, Aries, Auriga, Boötes, Caelum, Camelopardalis, Cancer, Canes Venatici, Canis Major, Canis Minor, and Capricornus. After Andromeda and Antlie I decided to go in alphabetical order...It was really quite fun!"
Back to top Go down
Zdude140

PostSubject: Re: A Spectacular Date (closed)   A Spectacular Date (closed) Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 4:27 pm

As she named named off the constellations, Zack knew a couple of the ones she said, and though he loved astronomy and the stars and everything, he didn't study it hard like he guessed she did. His mind went completely blank for a moment afterwards. What did he do today? Oh, that's right.

"I talked a bit to my friend, Ventus, but mostly I read up on Archimedes. You know, the 'Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world' guy. It's rather amazing how far we've gotten since 250 BC. Even more amazing is the fact that they thought all of that up," He said with a slight shrug.
Back to top Go down
David Bowie

David Bowie

PostSubject: Re: A Spectacular Date (closed)   A Spectacular Date (closed) Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 7:27 pm

"Oh, that's fun! Archimedes...brilliant man. Brilliant." Roxanna plopped down on the unnaturally warm sand. "What a spectacular night it is..."
Back to top Go down
Zdude140

PostSubject: Re: A Spectacular Date (closed)   A Spectacular Date (closed) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 11:58 am

Zack took her lead and sat next to her, as he too looked off onto the lake and the moon. It was spectacular. It gave off an almost natural feeling, but one thing for sure is that it was sublime. Smiling a small amount, a small smile that was a humble and happy one, he turned to Roxanna.

She too looked brilliant. It was true, Zack thought even more so than the night. Her reddish brown hair looked spectacular in the moon light, her eyes looking like they shined an unreal, mesmerizing aura, and her fair face was looked uncannily beautiful. Zack almost felt the need to sigh dramatically, but instead his smile grew.

"You look gorgeous tonight," He spoke very sincerely, his electric blue eyes looking into her lively green ones.
Back to top Go down
David Bowie

David Bowie

PostSubject: Re: A Spectacular Date (closed)   A Spectacular Date (closed) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 12:02 pm

Roxanna smiled as Zack to a seat next to her. She looked up at the moon and grabbed a small book and a pencil from a pocket in the skirt. She began to sketch the moon.

"Why thank you..." She smiled. "So, what would ya like to talk about tonight?"
Back to top Go down
Zdude140

PostSubject: Re: A Spectacular Date (closed)   A Spectacular Date (closed) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 12:16 pm

There was something about that smile she had that made him blush. Zack couldn't pinpoint it, but he felt a euphoric gas expand in the upper regions of his chest. It was a happiness Zack had not felt before, something he never knew existed. He wished he could freeze time just to keep all of these elements in place.

And then the major question: what did he want to talk about? It hardly mattered to Zack, for right now he felt the best he ever had been for a very, very long time.

"I don't know. Uh...well...what do you look for in a man?" He asked her. He wanted to compare himself to her values, and change the things that he did wrong.
Back to top Go down
David Bowie

David Bowie

PostSubject: Re: A Spectacular Date (closed)   A Spectacular Date (closed) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 12:20 pm

The question took Roxanna by surprise. She thought for a few seconds while she sketched.

"Well...uh...someone who shares my interest in science, someone who isn't vain or conceited, someone who cares about their loved ones...but doesn't smother them...and that's pretty much it." She thought again. "This...this may sound stupid but...I'd like someone that shares my vow. I've vowed not to have coitus until after marriage."
Back to top Go down
Zdude140

PostSubject: Re: A Spectacular Date (closed)   A Spectacular Date (closed) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 1:06 pm

All right, Zack knew he shared her interest in science -- that was easy. Not vain or conceited? Zack considered himself humble, and though he was sometimes stubborn and may give off a feeling of being overly proud, that happened rarely, and when it did happen, Zack made sure to correct himself. He cared about his loved ones; they wouldn't be loved ones if you didn't care for them, right? Doesn't smother them...maybe Zack needed to work on not complimenting as often, but that wasn't too bad.

Vowed not to have coitus until after marriage? Zack didn't plan to anyway. In fact, he shared that vow. Though, there was more than one reason he vowed that, or just simply didn't think of sex in general.

He deeply feared it. In fact, Zack considered himself a sexophobe. He didn't know why, or how it came to be. He didn't tell anyone about this fact, not even Ven, who he usually told everything about himself. He didn't want to tell anyone; he feared what people would have thought of him if he said it. It was something that women said all men wanted, but Zack was most certainly an exception to that rule.

"If you wish to know, I share that vow." He said to her with a nod.
Back to top Go down
David Bowie

David Bowie

PostSubject: Re: A Spectacular Date (closed)   A Spectacular Date (closed) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 1:17 pm

Roxanna watched as Zack mulled over the facts. She hoped he agreed.

"You share the vow? That's wonderful...most males - especially at this age think about that and only that. It disgusts me. It truly does. I'm glad you think the same way I do."

Roxanna had finished her moon sketch.
Back to top Go down
Zdude140

PostSubject: Re: A Spectacular Date (closed)   A Spectacular Date (closed) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 1:33 pm

Hm. It seemed like she shared the same stereotype also. Not that it was a completely false one, it didn't help that some men actually just did think about sex and only sex, but it was a rather harsh statement to those who didn't. Zack knew Ven well enough to know he just wanted someone that loved him; he didn't think about only sex, but, then again, that was two males out of the entirety of camp.

"That's great, then. I guess I should share what I look for in a women since you shared your thoughts, though, it's a very short list, I mean, I don't go up to women with a checklist and say 'fill this out', I more so let them 'prove' themselves to me. In any case, I've figured that there's some key factors -- someone whose honest, and someone whose not afraid to be themselves. That, and someone whose fine with me being myself. That's about it." He said, and shrugged, looking over at her sketch.

"That's a fantastic drawing you have there. I can't draw -- I fail at even making the simplest things like stick figures." He chuckled.
Back to top Go down
David Bowie

David Bowie

PostSubject: Re: A Spectacular Date (closed)   A Spectacular Date (closed) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 1:38 pm

Roxanna listened carefully to his list. She smiled a cute little smile.

"Well, that's good. A good little list ya have there. I hope I can 'prove' myself as you've already done for me."

Roxanna too looked at her sketch again. "Thank ya. I've been drawing for...a long time now. I'm sure with some practice you'll be good too."
Back to top Go down
Zdude140

PostSubject: Re: A Spectacular Date (closed)   A Spectacular Date (closed) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 2:13 pm

Zack again blushed, only this time a lot harder. All right, excellent. He had already proved himself. Zack felt even more happier than he had been feeling, like someone had put the happiness meter to eleven. Oh, she had proven herself, all right. A women who liked physics and psychology, let alone astronomy, and science in general? Someone who was honest, nice, and amazingly attractive? Someone who let him be himself? Oh, yes, most definitely. Undoubtedly, unequivocally, unabashedly, yes.

"Oh, don't doubt you've already proved yourself in my eyes." He stated to her with a nod, though he had to laugh at her saying he would be good with practice.

"No, I'm pretty certain the god or goddess of art has a bone to pick with me about drawing. Ven tried to teach me sketching once, it was horrid." He smiled.
Back to top Go down
David Bowie

David Bowie

PostSubject: Re: A Spectacular Date (closed)   A Spectacular Date (closed) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 2:26 pm

"You do enjoy blushing, don't ya? Don't think I haven' t noticed." She smiled and winked.

"I'm ecstatic I've proved myself to you...To be honest...I-I...don't think much of myself." She chuckled softly.

She laughed when he spoke about drawing. "Some people just...don't have the gist, I suppose."
Back to top Go down
Zdude140

PostSubject: Re: A Spectacular Date (closed)   A Spectacular Date (closed) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 3:21 pm

Zack, feeling it necessary, placed an arm around the shoulder of Roxanna and smiled a heartwarming smile. It had to come out at her quip at his blushing, but it was for a point all the same.

"You should," He replied to her. He had a small urge to kiss her on the cheek or something, but he ignored it for the sake of not wanting to cross too many uncomfortable zones.

"Perhaps you should tutor me sometime," He said, regarding his art.
Back to top Go down
David Bowie

David Bowie

PostSubject: Re: A Spectacular Date (closed)   A Spectacular Date (closed) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 3:56 pm

Roxanna smiled as Zack placed his arm around her. Following in suit, she put er arm around his waist.

"Maybe I will tutor me. Usually I'm in my cabin - #10 - if not I'm most likely at the cliffs."

It was getting darker and Roxanna was getting tired.

"I've had a great time...call it a night?"

Hoping he would kiss her in response she prepared herself.
Back to top Go down
Zdude140

PostSubject: Re: A Spectacular Date (closed)   A Spectacular Date (closed) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 5:21 pm

Zack felt he could have easily conquered the world at this moment, his arm around Roxanna's shoulder and her arm around his waist. He nodded at her suggestion, knowing that whenever he would find the time, he would be tutored. It now didn't matter whether he was bad at drawing or not, even it being better if he didn't know how to draw -- he had lessons with Roxanna now.

He wasn't saddened by the fact that it was now getting very late, as he knew the date would have to end eventually, no matter how amazing it was. He had to call this the happiest moment of his life so far.

And, with his subconscious pushing something to light, he felt like this was the girl. The girl. The one whom he wanted to spend his life with. Zack was never one for emotions, but this love thing hit him like a brick to the head. Could he deny that he was in love with this girl, truthfully? Of course not. He now knew what feeling that was hardly elaborated on, and why it was like that. The name Roxanna floated in the head of the young Zack like many balloons in the same area. Maybe he had fallen so easily in love because it was his first time, and Zack thought that was the case. It was something he couldn't control, but he didn't want to control it, either. Zack was in love with Roxanna. So much so he was glad that he had 'proved' himself to her, so much so he thought of marrying her...

"All right," Zack said, with a wide smile. He felt the need to do something, though...something that would, at least partially, show his love. He knew what to do. Bringing his face to hers, and lightly -- but all the same, passionately -- kissed her lips.

It was the first time Zack had ever kissed someone, and, just like his knowledge on love now compared to what he had thought of it previously, he had not been expecting how very little he knew about the experience one gained when one kissed the lips of someone you loved -- even if the kiss was rather weak compared to most standards.

It had felt like there was an explosion between his lips and hers, like electricity had been given off the girl's lips and shocked Zack (little did he know he was sending some electricity into hers), like fireworks were lighting up the night sky just for them, like every single planet had aligned and shot a beam of such magnificent happiness and love at them, like Zack had been born just for this moment. If he hadn't been able to conquer the world previously, he would certainly be able to be king of the universe now. He had no clue how long that kissed lasted, whether it had been a couple of mere seconds, or whether an entire eternity, he just knew that he had been captured in that period of time.
Back to top Go down
David Bowie

David Bowie

PostSubject: Re: A Spectacular Date (closed)   A Spectacular Date (closed) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 6:09 pm

Roxanna was caught by surprise when he kissed her. Yes, she was prepared but...she wasn't...This must have been his first time. Meh, needed some practice she guessed. Good anyway. He wasn't much compared to the other guys she'd kissed but...he was definitely smarter. More like her. Too much like her? No...

She didn't hold back. She deepened the kiss. She moved her lips fast.

Deciding that it was enough and she could go no longer without breathing she broke the kiss.

"Good for your first, yeah?" She winked and got up to leave.
Back to top Go down
Zdude140

PostSubject: Re: A Spectacular Date (closed)   A Spectacular Date (closed) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 6:51 pm

Zack had knowledgeably kissed her, never having the experience before, as you know by now, but he was a very quick learner, which aided him countless times in various sword battles. He was an exception to a lot of things, one of them he was quite a nerd but superb with a sword (though two swords was his preferred fighting style; it lead to much more variation).

Adapting his 'kissing style' for as long as the kiss lasted, feeling as happy as a human being could possibly conceive, and looking into her eyes as she stood up, he smiled rather wide.

"Yes," Zack said, his voice showing he was obviously dazed. "Better than I ever thought possible." He said, as he got up and bowed as she left.

He sat there for quite a while, basking in his euphoria, wanting to enjoy every minute of it. Realizing it would last forever if he just sat there, he felt like the forest was an excellent place to walk in to bask in his emotions.

The only problem was, he was realizing that his depression was conflicting with these emotions of happiness.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Spectacular Date (closed)   A Spectacular Date (closed) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Spectacular Date (closed)
Page 1 of 1